The aim of our training is to reduce the risk and mitigate damage caused by fire. To protect the safety of employees by training nominated staff to have a clear understanding of their role and responsibilities and to carry out Fire Safety measures in a safe manner
The learning outcomes of the training will depend on the level of training undertaken but delegates will be able to:
- Describe basic fire chemistry including the triangle of fire and how fire spreads.
- Distinguish between the different types of fire extinguishers and demonstrate how to use them correctly.
- Demonstrate the procedure for a safe evacuation.
- Follow the correct procedure for raising the fire alarm.
- List the responsibilities of a Fire Warden.
- Carry out daily fire safety checks for their nominated areas to maintain safe working environments.
Our proposed approach is that the training is delivered within a classroom environment for the theoretical input. All workshops will involve presentation, multimedia and assessment.
It might also be appropriate for Fire Warden Training to include a Workplace walkabout to underpin any learning
Fire Extinguisher Training
Fire Extinguisher training will:
- Provide delegates with greater awareness and understanding of the dangers of fire.
- Explain fire behaviour and means of fire spread
- Provide theoretical and practical input for correct selection and safe use of Fire Extinguishers
Basic Fire Awareness
Basic Fire Awareness training will:
- Provide skills that will help reduce damage should fire occur.
- Enhance the understanding of workplace fire precautions and equipment
- Provide clear instruction on actions to be taken in an emergency
- Fire Extinguisher Training workshop
Fire Warden Training
Fire Warden training will:
- Provide a more comprehensive training package
- Equip nominated staff with the knowledge and understanding of their role and responsibilities in an emergency
- Explain evacuation procedures and roll call
- Enable Fire Wardens to safely evacuate their designated areas
- Provide a Daily Checklist of Fire Safety measures to be adhered to in order to maximise the safety of their work environment.
- Fire Extinguisher Training workshop.
|Fire Extinguisher Training:||1.5 hours|
|Basic Fire Awareness Training: Inc Fire Extinguisher Training:||1.5 hours 2.5 hours|
|Fire Warden Training: Inc Fire Extinguisher Training:||2.5 hours 3.5 hours|
Kent Fire Training will provide a set of 4 Fire Extinguishers per session free of charge.
Prices are subject to multiple booking discount and will be available for 6 months from the proposal date.
These timings are flexible and arrangements can be made to reflect business needs and shift patterns.
A maximum of 12 delegates per workshop is optimal but arrangements can be made to suit your needs
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance as well as course handouts.